T: +52 (55) 3334 7760
- Master in Laws, LL.M., Columbia Law School, 2014
- LLB (Licenciatura en Derecho), Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, 2011
Ximena Iturriaga is a graduate of the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México. She joined J. Cameron Mowatt Law Corporation (JCMLC) in August 2014, where she assists in the defense of various investor-State cases. Before joining JCMLC, Ximena completed an LLM at Columbia Law School, focusing her studies and research projects on international arbitration, international trade and economic competition. From 2011 to 2013, she worked as a lawyer in the Legal Consultancy Office of the Secretary of the Economy in Mexico (Consultoría Jurídica de la Secretaría de Economía), where she participated in several international treaty negotiations and the analysis of law initiatives and consultations regarding public contracting to assess their consistency with Mexico’s international obligations.
Ximena is fluent in Spanish and English. She is qualified as a lawyer in Mexico and does not practice Canadian law.
Ximena has participated in the defense of 6 Investor-State cases:
- Abengoa v. United Mexican States (Mexico-Spain BIT, ICSID);
- Telefónica, S.A. c. los Estados Unidos Mexicanos (BIT Mexico-Spain, ICSID)
- Lion Mexico Consolidated L.P. v. Estados Unidos Mexicanos (NAFTA, ICSID)
- B-Mex, LLC and others v. United Mexican States (NAFTA, ICSID);
- Mr. Joshua Dean Nelson and Mr. Jorge Blanco v. United Mexican States (NAFTA, UNCITRAL);
- Shanara Maritime International, S.A. y Marfield Ltd. Inc. v. Estados Unidos Mexicanos (BIT Mexico-Panama, UNCITRAL)
RANKINGS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Parker School Recognition of Achievement in International and Comparative Law by Columbia Law School.
- Special Mention (Mención especial) in her professional examination.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Research assistant to Anu Bradford and Tim Büte in "Competition Policy and Free Trade: Antitrust Provisions in Preferential Trade Agreements." Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (soon to be released)